Madeleine has hit the nine month mark, and as you can see, she's pretty excited about eating solid foods. Some highlights from this month:
- First Easter egg hunt. She wasn't very interested in the searching part, but did like playing with the eggs and our tie-dye-clad friend Randall.
- Excitedly throwing balls. As well as plastic Easter eggs and other toys...
- Practice wearing a bike helmet. We've been putting on her helmet occasionally so she'll be ready to start riding behind mom in a trailer. We usually wear ours, too, and play catch with her on the floor.
- Eating. At a retreat we recently went on, she actually ate artichoke off the leaves (no, she's not eating a pickle in that picture).
- Speed crawling. Madeleine has mastered the art of getting around on her hands and knees. Particularly amusing is when she makes a determined break for something on the other side of the house.
- Visits from all the grandparents. She charms them every time.
- Riding on dad's shoulders. She gets quite excited by this, too. This now is accompanied with pulling off glasses and tasting his hair.
More photos are here