We were just looking for a nice wooden toy for Madeleine to play with, but when we brought it home we noticed it is:
- ISO 9001 Certified (quality management systems)
- ISO 14001 Certified (environmental management standards)
- OHSAS/TIS 18001 Certified (occupational health and safety management systems)
- ASTM F963-96a Conformant (toy safety standard)
- Made of replenishable preservative-free rubberwood.
- Packaged in fully-recyclable materials.
That's not bad for $14.95. The toy was made in Thailand (alas, not locally) by PlanToys
. They apparently also meet SA 8000
(social accountability standard for ethical workplace conditions) and E-Zero (low formaldehyde) standards, although these weren't mentioned on our box.
Oh, and Maddy thinks it's pretty fun to play with, too.