- First Easter egg hunt. She wasn't very interested in the searching part, but did like playing with the eggs and our tie-dye-clad friend Randall.
- Excitedly throwing balls. As well as plastic Easter eggs and other toys...
- Practice wearing a bike helmet. We've been putting on her helmet occasionally so she'll be ready to start riding behind mom in a trailer. We usually wear ours, too, and play catch with her on the floor.
- Eating. At a retreat we recently went on, she actually ate artichoke off the leaves (no, she's not eating a pickle in that picture).
- Speed crawling. Madeleine has mastered the art of getting around on her hands and knees. Particularly amusing is when she makes a determined break for something on the other side of the house.
- Visits from all the grandparents. She charms them every time.
- Riding on dad's shoulders. She gets quite excited by this, too. This now is accompanied with pulling off glasses and tasting his hair.
Madeleine has hit the nine month mark, and as you can see, she's pretty excited about eating solid foods. Some highlights from this month: